Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Sudden outbreak of clusters of raised blister-filled bumps on the cheek resembling a ringworm. Partner had similar symptoms earlier, was prescribed Valtrex. Suggestion?

My husband woke up this morning with a cluster of raised blister-filled bumps on his right cheek. He said it doesn t hurt and it looks like a ringworm , but I ve never known ringworms to be raised fluid like bumps. I had this same symptom on the outer right buttcheek about 5 months ago. After going to the doctorsome time after the symptom, they thought it could have been shingles , but really couldn t say since the visit was so far removed from the symptoms. It took overa month for the bumps to go away. I was given Valtrex and some other medicine to,take only at bedtime.
Mon, 28 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
After reading your query it appears that your husband too might have developed herpes zoster or also commonly known as shingles. It would be better for you to consult a doctor for the best advise. You can also send a direct query with all the details regarding his age, any other illness and any medication intake along with a good resolution picture to guide you best at the below a link

For the mean time you can apply a cream containing gentamycin and give any pain killer tablet for immediate relief.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor