Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Stomach cramps, pain when passing stools, swollen tummy, abdominal pain

Hi, I have been experiencing severe stomach cramping over the last few days, similar to menstrual cramping but feels like I need to poop. When I try to poop then I am in even more pain and only small amounts come out.. I have been drinking lots of water but it doesn t seem to have helped. My tummy is also swollen and when I press down on my lower abdomen it is very painful. Thanks in advance for your advice. M
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you have got absolute constipation giving rise this problem.
If stool is very hard and struck you may go for Enema.
Take liquid paraffin (Cremaffin )1 table spoon full at night daily.
Take more roughage containing diet.
Take plenty of green veggies.
Continue taking plenty of water.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor