Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Still having unexplained pain 1 1/2 yr after gastric bypass. how to fix it ?

OK so i had my surgery sept 3, 08 its been a little over a yr now. After i had the surgery i had a multitude of problems, starting with an extremely bad infection in the main incision , and ending with gallbladder removal and scar tissue troubles. I havent seen my surgeon since i believe 9 months out, he stopped makeing appts with me i just assumed that was normal, even tho i was/am still haveing pain. IDK really what im looking for with this post, im not even really sure what im asking. after haveing the surgery i spent the 1st about 5-6 months in and out of the ER and hospital due to pain in my abdomen , its right around where the main incision was made and it goes all the way across the top of my tummy right under my ribs. It gets so bad that i cannot stand up straight when it happens. its not happening every day anymore but it does happen once or twice every couple of weeks and it will last for anywhere between hours and a few days. along with this pain i get really dizzy and hotish feeling at times. Does anyone know why this is happening? B4 my surgeon stopped seeing me i asked and asked and asked him what it could be but he just said he didnt know, and kinda acted like i was makeing it up, im not sure anyone could fake this kinda pain. it was almost as if he just didnt want to deal with it anymore so he just stopped. Well now this pain is getting bad again its happening more and more frequently and hurts more and more every time. at first i thought maybe i was pulling the scar tissue that i have but that cant be since sometimes it happens when im not even moveing i could be just laying on the couch and bam its as if my insides are being ripped out starting with my stomach! anyone else have this problem? do you know how to fix it ? its starting to really worry me like ALOT! Seeing a different surgeon would be very difficult because i have tricare (military insurance) and the surgeon that did the procedure doesnt seem to care!
Asked On : Wed, 21 Apr 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  281
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response

I think with your symptoms you should follow up with your surgeon or take a second opinion from another surgeon and get a CT abdomen done to see if there is any problem with your abdominal organs. That shall help to come to a diagnosis and help in further treatment.

Answered: Fri, 30 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor