Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Squint eyes. Have cylindrical power. Will corrective glasses help?

My 4 year old daughter has had a squint right eye ( outwards) since age 1 . Doctors have now checked her vision and there is cylindrical power minus1.5 in that eye while the other eye is normal. Doctors have indicated that this corrective glasses gives a good chance over the next year or so by use of glasses and some patch ( blocking the good eye) . Is there anything to be worried about since she is only 4 years now ? Will she need to wear glasses for a long time now ?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
yes u should take it seriously the problem ..u should see that the child wear the specs regularly and patching also child to be followed up..get it checked every 3 monthly..take the photo of the child in straight ,right and left direction..actually the development of the takes place till the child is 8 years old so u have only 4 years to manage..keep in touch with the ophthalmologist..otherwise the eye may become lazy eye(amblyopic eye)
Answered: Wed, 11 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor