Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Spider bite on lower leg, swelling, redness, hurts to touch, bruising around the bite, weirdness in right arm. Is it due to spider bite?

I think I may have been bitten by a spider last night in my sleep. It is on my lower right leg. Red, a little swollen, & about the size of a quarter. Similar to a pimple , but it hurts when touched & looks as if there is a bruise around it. I am also feeling weirdness in my right arm . Could this be from a spider bite? Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Smalll bump, redness in area around, pain etc can be there due to spider or any other insect bite or it could be a boil. But these lesions will have localised symptoms, so the weird sensation in your arm is unrelated to it. Kindly meet a dermatologist and a physician for diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
Hope this helped.
Take care
Answered: Mon, 30 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor