Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Spasm like pain under right breast, upper abdomen. Feel like something misplaced in chest. How to cure?

Hello. I have a spasm like pain under right breast or upper abdomen. I have had it off and on for a couple of years. At times I wonder if it is gall bladder. But I can sit wrong or crunch my abdomen just a little and feel like something misplaced up into my chest area. If I straighten out it relaxes and I feel a distinct movement of something back into place. ??? Karen
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The long duration of the pain rules out any acute or serious pathology straightaway.Right upper abdominal pain may arise from liver,gall bladder,right kidney,supra renal gland and colon.Clinical examination and USG abdomen may provide a clue, if there is anything wrong.Thorough breast examination may be required to rule out lumps and also inflammatory breast conditions like mastitis.But even if it was any of these ,you have not have been so comfortable for so long.In your case it is more possible that it is something like costochondritis.This is a benign condition and requires only intermittent supportive care with analgesics for pain relief.
Answered: Sat, 13 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor