Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Smoking, quit now if i smell cigarette smoke feel unconciousness, chest pain. Treatment?

i am a 22 yearl old male...i started smoking cigarette from last 6 month...but suddenly last week i feel like unconsiousness feeling like something like i will fell down now...i quit smoking from that day..but now when i smell cigarettes smoke which my friends smoke i feel like small pain in my chest and same unconciousness...can you please help me
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Nicotine from cigarettes can cause increased heart best and put pressure on the heart. Even passive smoking, that is, inhaling the smoke exhaled by others, exposes the body to nicotine and other harmful substances present in smoke. That is probably why you feel the same symptoms when others around you smoke. Since passive smoking also harms that heart and the rest of the body, it is always better to avoid the company of people who are smoking.

Hope this helps you. Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor