Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
153 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Smoking of Marijuana

I am a long time cigarettes and marijauna smoker (20 years) and here recently i have decided to quit smoking both of them. When i got to the end of the first day it felt like there was an angry tornado in my head whirling around in chaos. I felt like i was flying apart at the seems and it was effecting everyone around me. So i tried toughing it out and the next day it got so bad i was locked in my room contemplating just ending it all, permanently. Now i picked them both back up just to get rid of the suicidal thoughts. What i need to know is, is there any type of medication that can be prescribed to me if i tell a doctor the truth about whats going on. I really want to get off of these things but the suicidal thoughts scared the crap out of me and im scared to try again without something to help.
Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Hi.. It is a good that you really are attempting to quit smoking.. What you have been facing are all the symptoms of withdrawl.. If the symptoms of the withdrawl are very severe you must take professional help.. There are few medications to suppress these thoughts, but can be available only with a prescriptions... There are people to help you around and there are friends too that can help you... So please do not get back to your old habits because you cannot suppress the feelings.. You will definitely get help from professionals.. All the best...

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello.. i have this kind of problem with my thoughts.. i know it sounds XXXXXX, but i feel like i constantly have alot of thoughts that are going...

Recent questions on  Suicide

doctor1 MD

I overdosed I had taken norco and amitriptyline 300 mg. My prescription in the er they gave me narcan and I had serious reaction, even though I...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor , my son is engaged to a girl since past 3 years , I got him engaged to a girl which he liked first and insisted on that alliance , now...

doctor1 MD

Good evening Dr, I had sent you a question regarding my generalized anxiety disorder trouble on same portal around 24 days ago, where you helped me...

doctor1 MD

my husband took chantix for a substantial amount of time. His personality totally changed. He used to be a great guy. He became hostile,...

doctor1 MD

My brother took a drug called Flagyl for a stomach infection. Midway through the treatment with this drug he became suicidal and killed himself....

doctor1 MD

I am under mental health disorder and chronic renal failure, I am severely depressed and I am currently in a hospital being treated like a prisoner...

doctor1 MD

my son was discharged from hospital last night, he was admitted because he tried to commit suicide with an overdose of co-codamol, Ibuprofen and...