Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Small white, scaly patch on foreskin, had unprotected encounter. Herpes or STD?

Hello...I have a small white scaly skin patch on my foreskin . About 2 weeks ago a had an unprotected encounter, just hands touching my genitals, a brief moment of oral sex , no intercourse. I m scared to death of herpes or any other std . Several days ago I got the flu like symptoms, sore throat, no fever. I don t think there is any discharge from my penis...
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi small white scaly patch over the penis can be candidiasis rather than herpes.because in herpes we get erythematous papules all over the penile skin which will subside by one week.
Candidiasis on genital areas can be due to diabetes or white discharge in the can be treated by flucanazole 150 mg weekly once for three weeks along with application of onabet ointment twice daily can cure the condition
Answered: Fri, 27 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor