Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Small lump on areola and lower stomach. Diagnosed with a meningioma on optic nerve. Which doctor to see. ?

What type of dr should my husband see for a small lump on his areola? Also he has a lump on his lower stomach . He saw a PCP who said they are just fat deposits. SInce then, he has been diagnosed with a meningioma on his optic nerve which is being removed this week. My concern is that they are related so I am wondering what type of DR he should see for his areola and stomach.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

Your husband seems to be suffering with Lipoma.

It is a benign tumor composed of adipose tissue.

Lipomas are soft to touch, usually movable and are generally painless.

It is most common form of soft tissue tumor.

Treatment of Lipoma is usually not necessary, unless the tumor becomes painful or restricts movement.

For confirmation of diagnosis and treatment, you should get him examined by a general Surgeon.

Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma
Answered: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor