Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Small child having vomiting episodes, colic pain. Taking nan-1. Should I change the formula?

hello sir, i jst want to know tht my child is 3 monts old can i give her Domstal suspenion (1ml) , and one more question from her birth i use to give her farex infants formula but last one month i was giving her nan 1 but it seems not suited her e.g vomitting , colic should i changed the formula plz advice me wht to do ....
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Hi Surabhi,

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I advise you not to give any medication without a prescription of your Pediatrician or a doctor.

Domstal is an antiemetic medication and can be given in gastroesophageal reflux after your doctor advise in appropriate dosage.

So the vomitings are due t gastroesophageal reflux, which is common in infants and it decreases as the age grows.

Colic is common around this age and can be managed by holding the baby tummy against mother shoulder, gentle massage of abdomen, and by giving colic aid drops orally in prescribed dose.

Exclusive breastfeeding is the best method of feeding. And don't change the feeds without a doctor advise.

Therefore I advise you to consult your Pediatrician for feeding advise and for the medication.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor