What causes severe abdominal pain, painful urination, blood in urine and green stools?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Eight year old VERY active boy. Lots of abdominal pain, over past four days occasional difficulty urinating, early in the four days had small amount of blood in urine (spots on underwear) has had bowel movement twice a day over the period. Currently pain has increased and stool is green. No particular source of excess iron.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
likely intestinal colic with possible infection .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* There seems intestinal colic with possible infection .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Pain - location , type , frequency , radiation if anywhere , aggravating ,
relieving factors .
2. Associated vomiting , fever , loss of appetite .
3. Before consultation there was constipation or not .
4. Current stool pattern is loose .
5. At present urination is okay or not .

Awaiting for your details .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 13 hours later
1. Pain - Lower abdominal area, reasonably constant, lessoned but not gone after overnight sleep with Miralax. No radiation, eating seems to aggravate.
2. No vomiting or fever. Lack of appetite which is quite unusual in this boy.
3. Not really sure.
4. Current stool is somewhat loose, but not completely loose - but green in color.
5. Current urination is OK and seems to relieve some pain.
Brief Answer:
follow up .

Detailed Answer:
Welcome

Thanks for the details .

* This again favors intestine infection possibility .

* Guidelines at present

- Allow him plenty of liquids in sessions .
- Light , soft diet at intervals with avoidance of oily , spicy , dairy fat .
- Paracetamol ( 325 ) mg can be given safely for pain relief .
- He will require certain antibiotics once the reports are ready .

* Suggested follow up with reports .

Hope this will help you for sure .

Wishing your XXXXXXX fine recovery .
Welcome for any further assistance .

Regards dear take care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad