Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Skin scraped on shin, soreness, inflammation. Prescribed cephalexin. What else can be done?

I have had skin off my shins (from a slight fall) two weeks ago, which will not heel. I had been bathing in Dettol and putting antiseptic powder on them, to no avail. Saw a doctor 5 days ago when soreness and inflammation was no better. He prescribed Cephalexin 500mg tis, which are more than half gone. Also NO bathing or applications - just keep dry. I have strictly kept to this regime, but there seems to be no improvement. Is there nothing else I can do?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You have been given a good treatment.

An antibiotic cover is required to prevent infection.

You can apply some topical antibiotic cream also,

This will give you better and faster relief.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
bst for skin is minocycline 50 mg od for 10 days
no toxic oils soaps shampoo
apply antibiotic mixed with antiallergic and antifungal ointent bd for 3 wk
if dry can add moisteuriser cream or petroleum jelly on area
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor