How can acne on the face be treated?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: I woke up to a bunch of pimples on my face. It’s progressed and is getting worse and worse. My skin feels hot to the touch and there are pimples everywhere .
I usually use cera ve lotion but I’ve been using cetaphil recently. I also have been using a laroche posay cleanser recently.
I don’t know what could be causing this reaction ...this doesn’t usually happen to me
Why is this and what an I take to get rid of it?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antiacne medications

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the images
You seem to have inflammatory acne - papules and pustules
If I was the treating doctor I would start you on oral antiacne antibiotics e g either Doxycycline or Minocycline or Azithromycin and continue for a few weeks.
In addition I would suggest you to use topical benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel, twice daily for your inflammatory acne.
You may continue with your cleanser, however I suggest you to avoid using the moisturizer for a few days.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad