Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Side effects of Total Knee Replacement Surgery

My wife had a total knee replacement surgery about 4 weeks on LH side. She had high blood pressure (140/80) prior to surgery which could be controlled by use of medication. After surgery the BP has shot up further (165/92) and is not being lowered by use of med. She has burning sensation in her LH foot as well for last 3 weeks. Is it common for BP to go up afer the surgery? Also is it burning sensation in the foot common after the surgery?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  593
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
BP may remain high if the patient has persistent pain but not to worry it will be corrected as time passes. please take physician advice if Medicine has to be altered as per the need.
burning sensation in the foot is not related to knee surgery. it needs evaluation if it is persistent. TC
Answered: Tue, 18 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor