Sick with UTI, severe pain in right side of abdomen. Taking Lyrica, Nitrofurantoin, having side effects. Solution ?

My mom has been sick over a month with a UTI and had to go to the ER last night with nausea, fever & chills, and severe pain in her abdomen front and back. The right side hurting a lot more than the other side. They did cat scans and did blood work and said it's a UTI and sent her home with Nitrofurantoin for 10 days. I think she has a kidney infection and the urologist can't see her until the 21st. Here is the list of medicines she is taking and I think she's taking too many meds, and Lyrica is a problem with all the side effects.
1. Lyrica (100 mg) for your legs aching (This is a medication with many many side effects!!)
This is for epilepsy and seizures and is a diuretic which causes urinary tract infections, etc. and causes nausea
along with a hundred other side effects. This medication also causes depression.

2. Enduron (twice a day for high blood pressure) - copied from WWW.WWWW.WW - Enduron - WWW.WWWW.WW Enduron In the US, Enduron (methyclothiazide systemic) is a member of the drug class thiazide diuretics and is used to treat Edema and High Blood Pressure .

3. Statin - for high cholesterol

4. Nexium - for reflux

5. Stool softeners

since 10/3/13 from the ER doctor:

6. Ondansetron hcl - "new" naseau medication
* You were taking promethazine 25mg every 6 hours from Dr. Hagen which was not working.
I looked up promethazine and it's basically an allergy medicine and for motion sickness.

7. Nitrofurantoin - 100mg for urinary tract infections. (20 pills for 10 days)
What do you think?
Tue, 8 Oct 2013