What causes the feeling of discomfort in the abdomen along with nausea?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in General Health
Question: my daughter has complained about her belly feeling funny in car a few hours ago. said she felt like she was gonna get sick but did not. she has been eating and acting normal but complained again a while ago. should ibworry that she is coming down with something? we are suppose to go visit family in a little while and have more family coming over house tomorrow. do not want to risk exposing people
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.

First episode was belly feeling funny with some nausea. When in car, it could possibly have been a motion sickness episode.
However, if she has had a second episode (most likely not in the car since you have not mentioned that), I do think a possible infection needs to be ruled out- prior diet and behavior would be normal of course, but may worsen if there is an infection).

I therefore think you should take her to her regular pediatrician. Motion sickness can bother her and make it difficult for her to make the visit you were planning to your family. And if it is an infection instead, it may be better for her to start the treatment sooner than later.

So, yes, do visit her pediatrician.
Best of luck, Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T