What causes nausea and vomiting after taking Gabapentin?
Supportive care and symptomatic relief.
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Gabapentin is a good drug for neuropathic pain. Nausea and vomiting could be due to side effect of gabapentin but more likely is the acid reflux and decreased motility, also called gastroparesis which is a very common complaint in geriatric patients. It needs supportive care with antacids, diet lifestyle adjustments and sleep aids for sleep apnea. Losing weight and posture maintenance while sleep avoiding lying down straight helps. Use of prokinetics like itopride and domperidone will help.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
Thank you for getting back to me
Sleep apnea is due to obesity. Obesity causes acid reflux and bowel motility issues which leads to motion sickness . Nutshell, obesity once manage will improve all symptoms including sleep apnea, motion sickness and GI discomfort and acid reflux. Diet lifestyle modifications will play a main role.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes nausea vomiting and frequent urination
- Can hyperparathyroidism cause nausea, vomiting or loss of appetite?
- No bowel movement causing nausea vomiting
- Why hcg causes nausea vomiting
- Nausea vomiting after tattoo
- Headache nausea vomiting after painting
- Painful clitoris nausea vomiting what is the cause
- Paint fumes causing nausea vomiting
- Can hangovers cause nausea, vomiting or stomach pain?
- Can pancreatitis cause nausea vomiting and abdominal pain