Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Sexually active, having UTI symptoms. How to get rid from this anxiety?

I m 18. Sexually active for the first time with one guy who was a virgin before me too. I have had reoccurring uti symptoms for a while. I want to tell my gynecologist this but I m deathly afraid of getting examined in my private area. I m so uncomfortable I get anxiety over the fact that one day I need to get an exam. If I tell my doctor everything is it likely they will want to do an exam? I know that once you start having sex you should get an exam but I m way to nervous and I ve heard that being nervous during an exam can make it hurt and lengthen the exam. I m scared but I need to tell the doctor I m active.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Hrc,
Thanks for writing your query.
It will be helpful if you mention the symptoms you are experiencing which made you think that you are having UTI.

Let me assure you that to confirm the diagnosis of UTI, physical examination is not needed.
It can be confirmed by urine examination.

You can give your urine sample for Routine/Microscopic and Culture/Senstivity examination.
Treatment, if needed, can be planned after knowing the reports of the investigation.

You should drink lots of water as this helps in limiting the Urinary Tract Infection.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor