Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Severe sunburn on the head and forehead. Swelling in the forehead spreading to eyes and cheeks. Any help?

I recently received a severe sunburn on my head and forehead . After my forehead swelled up, all the fluid went around my eyes and eyelids, and to my cheeks. The swelling is now starting to subside, but I have a pocket of fluid in the inside corner of both eyes that doesn t seem to want to go away. Any suggestions? I ve tried cold packs.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  509
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern regarding sun burn.
it look like you have severe sun burn.
you need to take anti inflammatory medicine for it.
in severe case oral steroid can be given.
you should apply mild steroid cream on affected area ,on swelling apply antibiotic cream.
it is gradually subside,good sign.
it is better to consult dermatologist if problem persist.
do not wash your skin frequently as it will make your skin more sensitive.
use good sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside.
I hope I answered your question
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor