Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Severe stomach pain after cesarean childbirth. Scan showing free fluids in pelvis. What is the proper treatment? Will it affect next pregnancy?

My wife gone under operation and give a male child on May 01. 2012. After a month later she got severe stomach pain. I took her to the hospital and scan. The scan report says that FREE FLUIDS SEEN IN PELVIS . Please give me the information about 1. What is free fluids? 2. Is it cause any bad things to my wife? 3. What is the proper treatment? 4.Does it affect my wife s next pregnancy?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A free fluid in the abdomen after a cesarean section is suggestive of an infection in the lower abdomen. Proper antibiotics are needed to take care of this problem. If treated properly then it is not likely to affect her future pregnancies.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor