Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in shoulder, spine region, sudden spells of unconsciousness, get hiccups frequently. How can this be cured?

My mother is suffering from severe pain in the shoulder and spine region. She is 40 years old. Off late she falls unconscious suddenly. As a result of the unconsciousness her body becomes very cold . Sometimes she falls unconscious in sleep and it takes long time for us to get her into consciousness.She also gets hiccups continuously. Could you please suggest us what can be done further to bring her health back to normal. The doctors suggest that no surgery can be done. Can you suggest us a specialist and also let us know whom to contact further and if this can be cured.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
hello good morning, a 40 yr old female patient with the avove mentioned symptoms should be evaluated for blood sugar , completeblood counts , vitamin D 3 assay, evaluation for serum calcium, vitamin B levels and finally for hypertension. she should visit a gynaecologist to rule out menopausaul symptoms. after doing these tests we can finally come into some conclusion. one more fact i want to rule out is epilepsy , which is rare. the very fact that she is becoming unconsious frequently i wid like to get an EEG to rule out epilepsy. so u may contact a neurologist and a gynaecologist. hope my assesment gives u results. thank u .
Answered: Mon, 8 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor