Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Severe itching on genitals and inner thighs, skin peeling, redness over the area. Suitable option?

Hi doctor, i am 22 year old male. I am suffering from severe itching on my genitals and inner thighs since 6 months. Skin is peeling off very often . The area looks very reddish. When its dry, skin peels off and when its wet (especially with sweat), itching begins. I haven t tried any medications or creams. Please do suggest me a suitable option.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have intense itching over genitals and inner side of thigh.This is a fungal infection of the skin.You need to wash your dinnerware in hot boiling water mixed with Dettol. Wash and clean the affected area with soap water and apply Mecanazole (Zole or Daktarin) Ointment) twice daily It should be alright in a week.
Answered: Sun, 21 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see its quiet a long time that u infected why u wait for it heal on its may be bacterial or viral infection so consult dermatologist to proper diagnosis.
Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Urologist Dr. G.Srinivasan's  Response
1. eczema.
2. allergic dermatitis.
3. fungus
4. Psoriasis
Pls consult a skin specialist.

Answered: Sun, 21 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor