Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Severe bleeding after c section, bulky uterus, thick endometrium. Can give birth to healthy baby in future?

i am 32 year old, had a c section 3 months back,now i am having profuse bleeding for last three weeks.had my pelvic scan.impression is bulky uterus(7.6*4.1 cm)with thickened endometrium (16mm).my doctor suggests d&c.also i lost my baby due to acongenital abnormality bilateral vocal cord paralysis .what is your opinion regarding my present condition? can i give birth to a healthy baby?please give me a answer
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
After delivery in many ladies egg is not released due to which endometrium becomes thick and is shed in patchy form -this causes heavy bleeding.D&C is advisable as it will remove endometrium completely and allow uterus to contract and stop bleeding.Continuous bleeding will lead to anaemia.
Since your age is past 30 chances of fetal congenital abnormality rises.Next pregnancy get Triple markar test done in 1st three months and Anomaky Scan in 4th month.If baby is healthy then only continue pregnancy.T Folvite 5mg daily reduces spine abnormalities in future baby.
Answered: Fri, 15 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor