Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Sebaceous cyst in perineum area, inflammation, redness. Removal the best option?

I think I have a sebaceous cyst , it s a hard lump in the perineum area (just to the right of the scrotum). It s inflamed, red and painful about the size of a 25 mg Benadryl capsule. I m a cyclist and if I shave the area and then go for a long ride I seem to be more vulnerable to develop such a cyst. I ve had 3 similar cysts removed by a primary care doctor, easy outpatient removal that quickly healed. Is removal always the best method. I read some blogs on online that suggested lancing cysts and draining them. What would you recommend?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Sebaceous cysts occur in hair bearing areas.
It has to be removed completely by surgery only.
Simple draining will not help as it drains the contents only.The cyst wall that is present will again secrete and cause recurrence.
I always excise the cyst completely.
Wish you good health
Answered: Wed, 2 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor