Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Sciatica from one year, compression in vertebrae, Priformis syndrome

hy sir i m suffering with sciatica from 1 year i m 32 yrs old male married 1 year ago doctor check my x-ray n says there is an compression in vertibrae but sir can u plz explain me that i cant feel 1% of backpain only pain and inflammation in hips and under knee if a compression in vertibrea then thank god i dont have pain in vertibrae i think there is a PRIFORMIS SYNDEROM whts ur great opinion sir itsjust my thinking and if i m suffering in PRIFORMIS SYNDEROM then wht can i do and wich test shows exactly PRIFORMIS SYNDEROM causes i m very thankfull 2 u sir
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Your symptoms are suggestive of a nerve root compression at the spinal cord level. For proper diagnosis, an MRI of the lumbosacral spine is helpful. The diagnosis of Pyriformis syndrome can only be done after a physical examination.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 21 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor