• question-icon

Suggest alternative medication for Remicade

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Lupus
Question: I have ankylosing spondilis and have been on Remicade, I since developed an allergy to it, the last allergy attack resulted in shock. Is there any other medication that I can take to help. Methotechrate doesn't help much. sorry for bad spelling
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Humira or Etanercept can be tried

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HCM

If you developed allergy to remicade, then other similar medications like Humira or Etanercept can be tried for the treatment of allowing spondylitis.
Corticosteroids can be used for acute flare ups. You can take NSAIDs like Ibuprofen to help with pain.
It is also important to do low impact exercise like swimming, water aerobics etc in order to prevent stiffening of spine.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal