Ridges on thumbnails, no pain, have habit of picking skin around nails. Faster treatments to clear this up?

I am 16 years old, and for a few years I have had these ridges or like crescent shaped indents in my thumbnails. It doesn t hurt or anything, but it is just really embarrassing. So i was looking up what it could be, and finally I discovered that it is (I believe) Median Nail Dystrophy. Which would make sense because I do tend to pick at the skin around my nails when I nervous or bored. I have stopped doing thing for the most part, but it doesn t seem to be going away completely. I have a lab coming up soon about nails.. And i was wondering if there were any faster treatments to clear this up? Thank you so much!
Sun, 1 Sep 2013