Redness on the incision and surrounding area with pain and warmness post gastric bypass surgery. Suggestion?

I had gastric bypass surgery on June 11th. Last week I went back to work and 1 of he incisions strarted to bother me. It is red at the incision and the area surrounding it. The skin is also hot and it s painful. I called the dr and they said it was normal. I do not have a fever or stomach pain and the incision is closed so there is no puss or seepage of any kind. The nurse told me ice it and take Tylenol and eventually it would be ok. She said it was scar tissue healing and due to my increased activity it was very irratated. What do you think?
Thu, 18 Apr 2019