Rediagnosed with avascular necrosis with slightly collapsed bone and intake of fluroscopic injections. Any thoughts?

I've been diagnosed with Avascular necrosis again. I've had a total hip replacement on the right. I now have it on the left. My my current surgeon doesn't believe replacement will help.She says I also have arthritis and the bone is only "slightly" collapsed. I've had 2 fluoroscopic injections on my lt. hip the 2nd on 12/24 I can't bear any weight.This has gone on for 6 months.
Fri, 3 Jan 2014
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Avascular necrosis is one of the most common reasons for hip replacement surgery.The other indications are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, injury , bone tumors.

The treatment of avascular necrosis is dependent on the location and severity of the disease.
If , as your doctor indicates, the collapse is mild at this point then surgery would not be the first choice.

Conservative measures such as the use of medication and limiting weight bearing would be used initially.

I hope this helps