Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Reddish swollen rash after a spider bite. Using cortisone cream. Need further treatment?

I was bitten by something on my left side of my back when I was trying on clothes at a store. I don t know what it was but I assume a spider. I have a large red raised swollen area about 2 inches in diamenter. It hurt still hurts but it has numbed the area and moved the numbness around to the front of my stomach . I have been using hydro cortisone cream and bendryal. Do I need to be concerned. It was really hot the first couple days.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query
Assuming that what you say is correct and it is actually an insect bite, it is important to know that in certain cases the insect bite reactions may very severe.From what you have described, you should visit a dermatologist to get the correct prescription of certain cases, oral antibiotics and steroids might also be required.Apply a cold pack or cloth filled with ice to reduce pain and swelling.
Try a pain reliever, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen to ease pain from bites or stings.
Hope this helps..Take care!
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor