Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Red inflamed fore skin and red blotches on penis head, feels uncomfortable, sore feeling on my penis. What's the cause and treatment?

Hi, about 3 weeks ago I went to the doctors as I had a red inflamed foreskin and red blotches on the head of my penis. The dr said it was thrush and prescibed canestan HC cream. I applied this twice daily for 4 days and the skin cleared up, but the tip of my penis was a little sore/ uncomfortable but looked fine. This did go a couple of days later (I took potassium citrate in case that helped), but the red blotches and inflamed foreskin started again. This cleared by itself within a few days, but now I have the uncomfortable, slightly sore feeling again at the tip of my penis, but there is nothing untoward to see. I'm not in agony, but it feels uncharacteristically sensitive and I don't feel "right". Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
what is called as Mucocutaneous Genital Candidiasis.
This is very common in diabetes so please get your blood examined to check your sugar levels to rule out diabetes.
In the mean while take anti fungal medicine orally twice along with topical anti fungal Jelly for local application.
Get prescription of these drugs from your family physician.
Please keep proper personal hygiene by cleaning your genitals with warm water twice daily.
Answered: Fri, 14 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor