Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Recurring viral fever with watery eyes, bodyaches. Solution?

hi my self mahendra rana age 27 year i have fever of viral and i have feel very wickedness and my eye s feel like hot and moving water from eye s and nos and my body have lots of pain and one more thing each and every 3-4 month i have face problem viral fever so please give me right guidelines my mail id YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response

The symptoms you describe happen in all viral infections, so antihistamines such as cetirizine 10mg or loratidine 10mg AND Calpol 650mg for 7 days should be enough until you develop the virus specific antibodies and clear the infection.

Recurrent viral infections can be a mimic for allergic rhinitis or allergic rhinosinusitis, so it is important that allergies to house dust mite, animal dander, moulds etc are excluded. This can be done by blood tests (specific IgE) or skin prick tests. The treatment options and duration will then be decided as per the results.
You should also get a complete hemogram, LFTs, CRP, urea and electrolytes, IgG IgA IgM levels done to see if the immune system is working. Functional antibody tests are difficult to get done unless you have access to a good lab.

I hope this helps.
Best Wishes.
Answered: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Mridula Mehta's  Response
Nov 2012
Hi the membranes all over the body are in continuation. Viral infections with mucosal involvement commonly lead to associated conjunctival involvement which show as viral conjunctivitis .this is usually self limiting but however infectious. Mild antibiotic drops and lubricating tear drops may help . Repeated viral infection , you must get your blood counts checked and immunological tests done on physician advice. Meanwhile improve your diet.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor