I need to know a few details:
- Do you reside in an area where urinary stone
disease is endemic?
- How long does each episode of pain last?
- During the so-called pain-free interval, are you completely asymptomatic or do you continue to have some discomfort/indigestion?
- Have you noticed any specific initiating/aggravating factor for the pain?
- Have you noticed any factor which relieves the pain (apart from analgesic
medicine whenever it works) e.g. passing flatus/stool etc?
- How about your appetite?
- Have you lost any weight over this past period of 6 years?
- Do you get bloating
of the tummy?
- Do you pass mucus (slimy fluid) / blood per rectum?
- Are you allergic to anything?
- Has you gynaecologist cleared you of any gynaecological problem being responsible for the pain?
I will be able to attempt to get closer to your problem after receiving answers to the above queries.