Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Recovering from malaria and food poisoning. Pain in the penis while urination. Chances of STD?

hi mr.batra i had unprotectred sex for the first time, with my fiance three weeks back , we ate some food from new restaurent. the next day i got fever and my motion was in black colour. i was treated by the doctor saying that i got malaria and food poison, i was on bed rest for 10 days almost. yesterday when urinating i got pain in my penis , it was also came some years back when i was not sexually active. i am fearing that got infected with any STDs, what are the tests i have to undergo for the STDs. and i ahve to undergo for HIV test also. plese tell me what i have to do and what test i have to undergo
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed UTI after unprotected sex with your fiance and worried about having acquired STD or HIV.
Since you had a sex with your fiancée who is known to you ,it is unlikely that you have acquired either STD or HIV .It may be just UTI due to vaginal infection that she may have .

However if you want to be sure about it please get basic test for STD called VDRL test and screening test for HIV done to allay your anxiety.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor