Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Random, itchy bumps on the body, suspicion of scabies. Which tests can detect the same?

I noticed about a week ago I had small bumps randomly on my body that were very itchy. They seemed to spread to my back, sides, and hips mostly, and then I had a few on my stomach , breasts, legs and feet , and jjust noticed 3 between my fingers. I went to a walk in and the Dr. Barley looked at me, and said she wants to treat me for scabies , even though, and I quote, chances are that s not what you have, but what the heck. Its a very long process, do you think I should do it anyways? She said there s no real way to tell if you have scabies, is this true?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear kelley..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Yes...this is SCABIES..,
good treatment is available..,
Night scrub bath with permethrin SOAP...,
Apply permethrin 1% lotion from neck to..,
tip of the great toe..,
Tab Ivermectin 12 mg single stat..,
Answered: Mon, 9 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor