Is the Ivermectin pill or the cream a better choice to treat scabies?
Either should work
In the US both 5% Permethrin cream and oral Ivermectin are considered first line choices for treatment of scabies. The % cure is the same for both treatment forms. If you take the Ivermectin you will need a second dose in 1-2 weeks. Oral Ivermectin is not recommended for pregnant or breast feeding women.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Kathy Robinson
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?