Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pus filled bubble and abrasion on palm. What is the pus? What am I advised?

My six year old daughter recently fell and had a small abrasion on the palm of her hand . A few days later, it was a puss filled bubble, looked like a blister , except it was filled with yellow puss and the top skin was thick, it was about the size of a kidney bean. We were able to squeeze out the fluid and have been cleaning it regularly with peroxide and covering it with a bandaid. There doesn t seem to be any more puss, however, the area is now a thick flakey white scab, red around the edges and bigger than the original sore (probably about the size of a quarter). It does appear to be healing , but not really the way we thought it would... advice?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  244
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

I would be pleased to answer your question .

From your description it looks more like an infected eczema at the moment .

Here is what will help:

1. Clobetasol propionate cream + Mupirocin cream: Mix and apply over the affected area on the right shoulder twice a day for 14 days then switch to Fluticasone propionate cream once at night for 2-4 weeks.. The specialist to see will be a dermatologist and he or she can prescribe these for you. Nothing over the counter will help much, the only product with some benefit is 1% Cortizone cream.

Thanks and Take care
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor