Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Pus discharge from stab wound, painful. How to clean it for now?

Hello, my boyfriend has a stab wound on the back of his neck from when he was 14 and it never really healed because he s a chuby guy and its in the slits of his neck. He s been to the hospital on many occasions but it s not helping. Right now its got puss gushing from it an d it hurts. I was wondering what could I do to clean it for now til we can get to the Dr.?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Here is what you can do for now
1) Boil some water and dilute dettol /betadine and clean the area with it.
2) Try to use keep it clean and dry.
3) can apply powdered antibiotics around the wound
4) leave the wound open no closing with bandaid - (as will protect from anaerobic bacteria infection-due to oxygen )
5) take him to hospital as soon as possible

hope it helps,
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor