Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Pulsing in head during sex. Why is this? Should I see a chiropracter or massage therapist?

Hi, I am a healthy 30yr female. Recently, when my husband and I are having sex right before I am about to orgasm I get the worst stabbing , sharp, pulsing in my head at the base of my skull that makes me immobile and feeling like my head is going to explode. Why is this? Should I see a chiropractor or a massage therapist?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

It is common after sex or during orgasm to experience headaches. These are vascular headaches, which are similar to migraines.

You should consult a neurologist for evaluation.

In rare cases, it could also mean an aneurysm (a small dilatation arising from a blood vessel in the brain).

An MRI with angiogram of brain may be required to make a definite diagnosis.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY:

Answered: Mon, 25 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor