Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Problem with groin pull. Had hydrocele, inguinal hernia surgery while infant. Is present problem because of surgery?

14 yr old boy, plays alot of soccer, seems to have an ongoing problem with groin pull. He had a hydrocele when he was born, on the same side as his current problem. The hydrocele got worse and at 9 months old he had surgery for hydrocele, inguinal hernia (which had developed by then) and an undecended testicle . Is it possible there is a weakness in this area because of problems as an infant?F.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query, Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pulled muscle in groin while playing foot ball.
This is in no way related to his surgeries done 12 years back. This can be considered as coincidence.
Please consult qualified general surgeon for clinical examination and further treatment.
Answered: Thu, 25 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor