Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Pressure in the vagina after a child birth. Could it be due to uterus prolapse?

Hi, I had a baby 10 weeks ago and everything has been fine. I started my period 4 days ago and ever since i have felt random feelings of pressure in my vagina , more so in the evening/after walking for a long distance. I am worried that it may be a prolapse of the uterus but i have had a check and that all seems to be ok, plus my pelvic floor muscles are strong (i can stop the flow of urine easily) The pressure feeling isnt painful, just makes everything feel a bit sensitive. Is this normal? xx
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that this might be due to having big size of uterus and after delivery coming down to its normal size giving rise to this feeling.
Nothing to worry.
Do pelvic floor exercise regularly.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sat, 16 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor