Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Portal vein thrombosis. Possible to get pregnant and give birth to healthy baby?

hi doctor.. My name is Merlin. I got affected by portal vein thrombosis . I got married on feb 2012 and confirmed pregnancy at the same month and have done dnc after knowing that the twin fetus have no heart beat at the month of april. I diagnosed pvt at nov 2012. And still i am suffering with this disease. Now my question is.. can i be able to get pregnant and give birth to a healthy baby?. If the answer is yes when it is possible?. please answer me. Thanks for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Hello Merlin
Thanks for your query.
Once your disease is under control, you can definitely plan a pregnancy.
Pregnancy is an increased thrombogenic state, so the likelihood of your requiring intensive care is quite high.
Please act in concert with a gynecologist and a hepatobiliary specialist .
The anticoagulants would have to be titrated and changed accordingly.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 28 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor