Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Polycystic ovary syndrome, menstrual problem, continuous bleeding for 2 months

Hi, i m 29 yrs old and i have recently diagnosed as PCO i got married before 5 months. at the time of marriage i have used table for postponing my period . From then my menstruation problem has started, i have continuous bleeding from past 2 months. when i consult doctor for my problem they prescribed medicines when i use them my period will get control and later, after stopping medicines again i m getting bleeding. recently i have consulted a GYN she told me to go for a follicular Study treatment ( for conceiving) as i m getting older and few are saying me to wait for at least an year to get any treatment. i m confused and worried about my position now. i m just curious to know is there any permanent treatment for PCO to regulate my periods.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
The permanent treatment for PCOS is correction of the underlying condition if there is one. In women who are diabetic or borderline diabetic, metformin ( a diabetes medication) is helpful. In women who are overweight, weight loss will eliminate or decrease PCOS symptoms. Weight around the abdominal area is especially significant for pcos.
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shreya Kunder's  Response
To answer your most important question there is treatment to reduce the symptoms of PCO and regulate the periods. However if you are looking for permanent cure then PCO cannot be cured per se.There are some surgeries in which they drill holes in the ovaries to help release of ova but not a definite cure.
Most of the time the treatment for PCO is to give hormonal pills to regulate the periods. But if you want to get pregnant then you need to stop the contraceptive pill and take up follicular studies along with some other medicines that your Gynecologist will prescribe.
Ideally considering your age and condition it is better to go ahead with conceiving. Waiting may not be fruitful.Do not worry. have a healthy diet and begin physical exercises as it benefits a lot of patients with this condition.
take care
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor