( male impotence
) is sexual dysfunction
characterized by the inability to develop or maintain an erection of the penis for sufficient time during sexual performance.
* Drugs (anti-depressants and nicotine are most common).
. # Neurological Disorders (spinal cord
and brain injuries, nerve disorders
* Cavernous Disorders (Peyronie's disease.
* Psychological causes: most common cause performance anxiety, stress, mental disorders , substance abuse
, anxiety disorder, personality disorders psychological problems, negative feelings.High expectation from partner
* Surgery (radiation
therapy, surgery of the colon, prostate, bladder, or rectum may damage the nerves and blood vessels involved in erection. Prostate and bladder cancer
surgery often require removing tissue and nerves surrounding a tumor, which increases the risk for impotence.
* Aging It is four times higher in men in their 60s than in men in their 40s.
* Kidney failure
* Diseases such as diabetes and multiple sclerosis , While these two causes have not been proven but theyâre suspects as they cause issues with both the blood flow and nervous systems.
* Lifestyle: Smoking is the main cause of erectile dysfunction. Smoking causes impotence because it promotes arterial narrowing.
it may may be iatrogenic .