Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
159 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest medication for sexual performance issues in an elderly

Answered by
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 3086 Questions

Posted on Thu, 5 Oct 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Recently, I have become very anxious about my sexual performance (I am 71) that has had some negative results. I would like your opinion on certain herbal supplements that could relax/help me. I see, for example, these mentioned quite often: Siberian ginseng, Sarsaparilla, Kola Vera & Lirosmaovata. Also, any others that may be better. I take Flomax so that may have an impact on your answer.
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Switching from Flomax to Cialis can help

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic,

Among the herbal supplements, you mentioned liriosma ovata is used to treat impotence. All others act as energy boosters and have some degree of testosterone enhancement. However, their efficacy is not completely known. There is not enough data available as of now.

Decrease sexual performance you are experiencing can be contributed by Flomax, which I believe you are taking for prostate enlargement. Discontinuing Flomax and switching to Cialis can help. Cialis improves the blood flow to the penis, thereby treating erectile dysfunction. It also relaxes muscles in the urethra and the prostate, thus increasing urinary flow.

Please be advised to follow up with your treating physician to see if switching to Cialis is the right choice for you. Cialis is not recommended for use in people taking Nitrates.

Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarifications.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Erectile dysfunction

doctor1 MD

I am a 16 year old boy and me and my girlfriend want to have sex. However both times we have tried I lose my erection just before I put the condom...

doctor1 MD

Hi. Lately, I've been experiences weak morning erections and weak erections in general. They aren't so weak as to not allow for intercourse, and my...

doctor1 MD

My boyfriend has experienced impotency issues. He has been drinking 2-3 protein shakes a day I heard this can cause problems with achieving and...

doctor1 MD

hi,i am surendra 38, iam suffering from impotence since last 1 year , for that time i was a chain smoker but not today.i do exercise from one month...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I need advice on my Sex life. I am married since last year and sexually active from last 2 years with my spouse. What I feel now that...

doctor1 MD

Hi- what, if any, over-the-counter drug would you recommend for a 67 year old man with ED? Thank you. I await your reply. Just send your reply to...

doctor1 MD

I had my prostate roto rooted about 5 months ago and sexual function has decreased somewhat steadily and desire has too. I no longer ejaculate. The...