Suggest medication for sexual performance issues in an elderly

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Thu, 5 Oct 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Recently, I have become very anxious about my sexual performance (I am 71) that has had some negative results. I would like your opinion on certain herbal supplements that could relax/help me. I see, for example, these mentioned quite often: Siberian ginseng, Sarsaparilla, Kola Vera & Lirosmaovata. Also, any others that may be better. I take Flomax so that may have an impact on your answer.
Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Switching from Flomax to Cialis can help

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic,

Among the herbal supplements, you mentioned liriosma ovata is used to treat impotence. All others act as energy boosters and have some degree of testosterone enhancement. However, their efficacy is not completely known. There is not enough data available as of now.

Decrease sexual performance you are experiencing can be contributed by Flomax, which I believe you are taking for prostate enlargement. Discontinuing Flomax and switching to Cialis can help. Cialis improves the blood flow to the penis, thereby treating erectile dysfunction. It also relaxes muscles in the urethra and the prostate, thus increasing urinary flow.

Please be advised to follow up with your treating physician to see if switching to Cialis is the right choice for you. Cialis is not recommended for use in people taking Nitrates.

Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarifications.

Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee