Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Pimples in the pubic area. What are these? Treatment?

Hey there doc well i have some pimples near my public area. around the pubic area. They don t itch or bother me at all. what bothers me is that they are just there and i want to get rid of them but i have no clue what they are. Their basically just around where i told you. And one near my testicle but i just got it. Its like a tiny little pimple. salvalle21
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description it seems either these could be molluscum contagiosum lesions or razor bumps. . Molluscum is a viral infection characterised by small elevated pearly lesions with central umbilication. Treatment requires curettage of the lesions.
A visit to dermatologist near by is required to confirm the diagnosis and suggest appropriate treatment.
Hope that helps. Take care
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Jay Patel's  Response

Based on the information it seems like a "sebaceous gland obstruction"

Here is what we mean by sebaceous gland and its obstruction, their are glands(bunch of cells modified to do certain things) called sebaceous glands which secrete the sweat and an oily substance called sebum, they have an opening at one end and closed at other like a bottle normally it can get the production out from the opening but due to one or other reason the opening is closed/sealed and hence the production of sweat / sebum can't come out so it starts building up and it seems like a bump still at this time it will be painless at this time ,
But it might get infected and the infection makes it painful.

Nothing to worry its very common AND Nothing need to be done just try warm compresses and try if it can open the clogged gland.

In case of infection

You need to consult your doctor whom you are comfortable with.

here is they most likely do
1) will take a visual inspection
2) prescribe some antibiotic and pain medication
3) if nothing works they need to make a small cut to drain the pus and collected sebum , may not need to make even a cut some cases they can just put a needle and drain out the stuff.

Hope it helps.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor