Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Persisting swelling, pain on the impacted area on the knee, X-ray inconclusive. Should I seek orthopedic help?

Hello. In November I was playing soccer and slid into a wooden post. I hit right below my knee on my tibia . After it happened I couldn t walk for a couple days without it feeling painful and stiff. It is still sore to touch and had a knot in the spot until last week. The knot is not there, but it is still swollen and painful to touch. I am able to walk on it, so I didn t think it was fractured. However I went to see a doctor yesterday who didn t take an X-Ray but he was confident I had fractured it. He seemed more concerned about my knee. I don t have insurance and do not want to get an MRI for a bruise . Is this something I should seek orthopedic help with or should I wait? How long to bruises typically take to heal? I can walk, but when I run it gets painful. The most pain I feel is when I touch it.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
I really understand your concern the knee is very fragile joint as long as the injury are concern and very vulnerable for any kind of injury apart from the fracture part the meniscus is also more important and that is only more notorious needs more attention so I would like to advise to have orthopedic opinion hope this will help you in taking the decision have nice day.

Answered: Sat, 7 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor