Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Pea sized lump on neck. What can it be?

HI, I was just wondering, I discovered a pea sized lump on the right side of my neck about 3 inches above my collar bone. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he was a it concerned and has scheduled me for an ultrasound this friday morning. i was a bit worried by his reaction on tuesday and even more worried about what the result might say. I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on thiss, thanking you in advance.
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  206
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Ho pea shaped lump on the side of neck can be enlarged lymph node or cystic fibrosis.usually cystic fibrosis occurs right from birth.i think it is enlarged lymph can be due to any infection in the scalp .ears or due to tuberculosis.short cpurse of antibiotic cures tje a ultrasound esr and mantoux test to rule out tubrrculosis
Answered: Wed, 30 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor