Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What causes dizziness, deliriousness and lightheadedness?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 798 Questions
I have been experiencing fogginess, dizzy, feel out of touch with reality like in a fog. I am confused and actually think I am talking to someone else... I have fainted tho I have been diagnosed with siezures, this all seems to happens with incresed anxiety...The doctors originally put me on Klonopin and Depakote and I was fine until one specific doc very mean took me off the klonopin because he stated it was a benzo and not an antisiezure med...Also I take Depakote.. I had 5 episodes after dc of Klonopin. Also I have jerking of my limbs. I am very worried somethin is seriously wrong with me like a disease. I have had a c 4 5 fx and head injury / closed....years ago, the jerking what is that???Please help me, the docs are cruel. also note I do see a psychiatrist and Mental illness that would cause these symptoms have been ruled out. I do suffer from an anxiety disorder with agoraphobia, PTSD, Clinical depression due to several health issues including an auto immune disorder and fusion cervical and lumbar and struggle with severe chronic pain. The docs treat me so badly, I hate to go what should I do??? HELP! Without my medication I am having increase jerking and episodes. The docs I have and all I have seen refuse the Klonopin atating it is not a seizure med? Why did it work then? My mom had narcolepsy and I seem to have some of those symptoms as well. I do not even want to go to the doctor because I am treated so badly and my panic attacks come on as soon as I make an appt.. The ptsd is just awful....and yes it does seem to coralate with my episodes.

I am sorry but at this short time period I do not have the test results to forward. I am working with one hand since my left clavicle is bound from fx. Upon request I can certainly get tests results or whatever required. In the meantime, I hope you can give me some answers or at least what I should do and what type of specialist I need to see. I also hope to see a neuro who will understand my need for the medication they say is not for seizures, never mind the fact I seem to respond to the treatment? That even minimizes the the jerking...Don't get me wrong I do not want to take a lot of meds. I am on Depakote and Lisinopril,catapress and lasics. After the dc of the seizure med my BP was extremely high for over 3 years till I had a heart issue sending me to a cardiologist who has it under control and livid that my GP was negligent. I have worked in the medical field all of my life and I am absolutely disappointed in todays care and judgements... I am trying to find one but so far no luck.I apologize for my hand...typing.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to Rule out Temporal Lobe Epilepsy

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic, I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas.

I understand that you have the following complaints:

1. fogginess,
2. dizzy,
3. feeling out of touch with reality like in a fog.
4. You are am confused
5. You actually think that you are talking to someone else...
6. You have fainted
7. You have been diagnosed with seizures,
8. And all of these seems to happen with increased anxiety...
9. 5 Episodes
10. Head-injury
11. Jerking of Limbs
12. Fracture Clavicle
13. suffer from an anxiety disorder with agoraphobia,
14. PTSD,
15. Clinical depression
16. Autoimmune disorder
16. Fusion cervical and lumbar and
17. Struggle with severe chronic pain

Treatment History:
1. Klonopin
2. Depakote

Family History
1. Narcolepsy

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

The Symptoms:
4. You are am confused
5. You actually think that you are talking to someone else...
are in favor of a condition called Temporal Lobe Epilepsy

To Confirm this and further treat it,
You need to visit a Neurosurgeon for a thorough examination.

Please consult a Neurosurgeon at the earliest
Once you take proper treatment all your problems are likely to be solved

Hope you found the answer helpful.

After consulting a Neurosurgeon in person, If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have any follow-up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Please keep me posted
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Take care.


PS 1: After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

2: In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor